My Creative School
My Creative School is a joint initiative between A New Direction and The Education Commission, now in its second year.
About the My Creative School programme
Working collaboratively with networks of primary schools across London, the programme is designed to investigate how we can effectively embed the arts as drivers of powerful learning experiences.
The exploratory process, funded by Paul Hamlyn Foundation, aims to unlock potential for teachers’ practice, pupils and the wider school community.
My Creative School offers a new model for relationships between artists, arts organisations and schools and aims to:
- Support the delivery of curriculum relevant arts-driven activity
- Enable pupils to access and participate in arts-based learning activities
- Provide professional development opportunities for teachers to develop their creative skills
- Support schools to work towards achieving ‘Artsmark’, Arts Council England's flagship programme which enables schools and other organisations to evaluate, strengthen and celebrate their arts and cultural provision.
The 2017-18 programme
In 2017-2018 we are delighted to be working with 10 primary schools across the boroughs of Bromley, Croydon and Kingston:
- Churchfields Primary School, Bromley
- Corpus Christi Roman Catholic Primary School, Kingston
- Holy Innocents' Catholic Primary School, Bromley
- Malden Parochial C of E Primary School, Kingston
- Our Lady Immaculate Catholic Primary School, Kingston
- Priory School, Croydon
- Regina Coeli Catholic Primary School, Croydon
- Saint Joseph's Catholic Nursery School, Kingston
- St Peter and St Paul Catholic Primary Academy, Bromley
The Education Commission is the body responsible for 172 schools (primary, secondary and Sixth Form Colleges) on the southern side of the Thames River to the English Channel. This network covers 13 local authorities including Outer London (Merton, Sutton, Croydon, Bromley, and Bexley) and South East England (Kent, Medway).