Between 2015 and 2018, A New Direction’s London Cultural Education Challenge supported new creative programmes contributing to our three programme aims:
- Constructing sustainable, innovative partnerships for the delivery of cultural education across London
- Providing better cultural education outcomes for young people (0-25) in London
- Generating new sources of funding to improve cultural education opportunity
And six programme themes, represented in our infographic set here.
A New Direction ran two processes inviting applications for investment across the period; one in 2015 and one in 2016/2017. We invested just under £900,000 across the three years of the programme, with an additional £960,000 contributed from a range of partners.
You can find out more about the 2015-18 work by watching the film and listening to the podcast below:
If you're having trouble viewing this video, please click here.
A transcript of the podcast is available here.
You can also read the programme summary and reflection document written by A New Direction’s Senior Partnerships Manager, Corinne Bass and the four Action Research reflection reports by Dawn Langley, who ran the Action Research process throughout the programme below:
- London Cultural Education Challenge: Programme Summary and Reflections
- SUMMARY: Action Research Reflections 2015-2018, London Cultural Education Challenge
- FULL REPORT: Action Research Reflections 2015-2018, London Cultural Education Challenge
- Action Research Reflections Year One
- Action Research Reflections Year Two
- Action Research Reflections Year Three
You can also hear from our programme partners on their experiences and advice for others starting on the journey in our first Challenge podcast.
The London Cultural Education Challenge 2015-18 in Numbers
- Over 13,000 young people were involved in programmes in which A New Direction invested between 2015 and 2018
- Activity took place in half of London’s boroughs
- Over 700 organisations were involved in delivering, planning and supporting the programmes
- A New Direction has committed £868,000 and partners have shown £960,000 in parallel investment making the total programme investment £1.8million
A New Direction would like to pass on our sincere thanks to everyone who was involved.