A growing network of creative champions from across London
The SEND Network is a free professional development programme for London special school teachers and mainstream SENDCOs coordinated by A New Direction. This teachers network meets twice a term over the academic year, working together to improve creative and cultural opportunities for children and young people who are deaf, disabled and neurodiverse.
What are the benefits?
- Meet like-minded teachers from across London
- Develop skills and practice with your peers
- Receive tailored Artsmark support and Arts Award training
- Take part in the trailblazing I Am At Tate Exchange Festival
- Grow your schools arts and cultural offer
- Connect with London’s cultural sector
Why is this work important?
Children and young people who are deaf, disabled and neurodiverse face cross-cutting barriers to engaging with London’s arts and cultural offer. The SEND network work together in partnership with London’s cultural sector to overcome these barriers and make sure all young people have the opportunity to develop their creativity and play an active part in the cultural life of the capital.
Register your interest
Applications for the SEND Network are now closed. However, if you are interested in taking part in next year's cohort, please email Alice Edwards to register your interest.
You can also sign up to our newsletter for updates.
Picture credit: Roger Brown for A New Direction