A growing network of creative champions from across London
The SEND Network is a free professional development programme for London special school teachers and mainstream SENDCOs coordinated by A New Direction. The network meets twice a term over the academic year, working together to improve creative and cultural opportunities for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
What are the benefits?
- Meet likeminded teachers from across London
- Develop skills and practice with your peers
- Receive tailored Artsmark support and Arts Award training
- Take part in our unique residency at the Tate Exchange
- Grow your schools arts and cultural offer
- Connect with London’s cultural sector
Why is this work important?
SEND children and young people face cross-cutting barriers to engaging with London’s arts and cultural offer. The SEND network work together in partnership with London’s cultural sector to overcome these barriers and make sure all young people, regardless of ability, have the opportunity to develop their creativity and play an active part in the cultural life of the capital.
Register your interest
Applications for the SEND Network are now closed. However, if you are interested in taking part in next year's cohort, please email Alice Edwards to register your interest.
You can also sign up to our newsletter for updates.
Picture credit: Roger Brown for A New Direction