Artsmark is the creative quality standard for schools, accredited by Arts Council England.
Artsmark is the creative quality standard for schools, accredited by Arts Council England. It provides a clear framework for teachers to plan, develop and evaluate arts, culture and creativity across the curriculum and beyond.
London schools are supported throughout their Artsmark journey with expert guidance and advice from bridge organisation, A New Direction, London’s flagship creative and cultural education agency.
Artsmark can help you to:
- Further your practice, and build your profile as a school leading in arts and cultural education
- Audit current strengths, identify priorities, articulate and align arts and cultural provision against whole school improvement
- Provide evidence to support spiritual, moral, social and cultural requirements for Ofsted
- Celebrate your achievements and gain an award
Signing up gives you access to:
- A one-day CPD / Professional Development Course for two members of staff (including one SLT member)
- Ongoing support, expert guidance and advice from local ‘bridge’ organisation, A New Direction (London’s flagship creative and cultural education agency)
- Peer learning events and networking
- 1:1 support in developing your offer and shaping your submission to Arts Council England
All support is included within an initial £500 sign-up. Schools have up to two years to make a submission, and the resulting Artsmark Award (Silver, Gold or Platinum) is then valid for two years
The journey to achieving Artsmark status has allowed us to celebrate the many enriching activities that already happen at our school and has opened up our eyes to many more creative opportunities.
Comber Grove Primary
Ready to sign up?
You can register directly on the Artsmark website, it only takes a couple of minutes.
Registration was really easy - I set aside a whole
hour to do it, but it only took a few minutes!
Hayes School, Secondary
Free information sessions
Want to find out more before you register? Come along to one of our free Discover Artsmark Sessions for all you need to know about what's involved.
Once you have registered, you and a colleague will be invited to attend a Development Day to get you started. We then offer further support on developing your action plan, evaluating impact and completing paperwork at our free Support Sessions.
Cultural organisations can also offer support by becoming an Artsmark Partner. By joining the Artsmark Partnership Programme organisations will join a network of organisations who are devoted to bringing great arts and cultural opportunities to children and young people.