Artsmark is the creative quality standard for schools, accredited by Arts Council England.
Artsmark is the creative quality standard for schools, accredited by Arts Council England. It provides a clear framework for teachers to plan, develop and evaluate arts, culture and creativity across the curriculum and beyond.
A New Direction supports London schools throughout their Artsmark journey, offering expert guidance, advice and training.
Read an Artsmark coronavirus update from Arts Council England here.
Artsmark can help you to:
- Build young people’s confidence, character and resilience through creativity
- Support the health and wellbeing of pupils through arts and culture
- Strengthen pupil voice and develop young people’s leadership skills through Artsmark
- Embed creativity across your whole curriculum and address school improvement priorities by using Artsmark’s clear and flexible framework
- Access professional support, advice and resources to strengthen your arts provision
- Celebrate your long-term commitment to cultural education with pupils, parents and your local community
- Develop new partnerships with the country’s most treasured cultural organisations, providing young people with exciting opportunities
Signing up gives you access to:
- A one-day CPD / Professional Development Course for two members of staff (including one SLT member)
- Ongoing support, expert guidance and advice from local ‘bridge’ organisation, A New Direction (London’s flagship creative and cultural education agency)
- Peer learning events and networking
- 1:1 support in developing your offer and shaping your submission to Arts Council England
All support is included within an initial £500 sign-up. Schools have up to two years to make a submission, and the resulting Artsmark Award (Silver, Gold or Platinum) is then valid for two years
The journey to achieving Artsmark status has allowed us to celebrate the many enriching activities that already happen at our school and has opened up our eyes to many more creative opportunities.
Comber Grove Primary
Once you have registered, you and a colleague will be invited to attend a Development Day to get you started. We then offer further support on developing your action plan, evaluating impact and completing paperwork at our free Support Sessions.
Cultural organisations can also offer support by becoming an Artsmark Partner. By joining the Artsmark Partnership Programme organisations will join a network of organisations who are devoted to bringing great arts and cultural opportunities to children and young people.