(Photograph: Simon Way. Taken at our Schools Forum 2012)
The May Forum will cover a range of themes:
- working and sharing work with parents/carers and the local community
- using the arts to support learning in non-arts subjects#
- monitoring quality and progression in the arts & culture
- what does success in arts & culture in school look like?
If your school is in the process of applying for Artsmark, all of these themes relate to the themes on the application form (2.9, 2.7, 2.4, 2.2, 2.10b to be precise!).
The Forum will involve a series of discussions supported by arts/ cultural organisations in which schools can share best practice and learn from one another. It will also be an opportunity to network, make new contacts, and admire the (amazing!) view over a drink.
This event is free of charge for schools to attend.
It will take place on May 16 2013, 1pm – 3.30pm at Southbank Centre, St Paul's Pavilion (6th Floor).
If you are from a school and interested in attending, please email us to book your place, telling us:
- Your name & job title
- Your school name & borough
- Whether you attended our last forum in February
- Whether you currently have or are applying for Artsmark
We are also inviting arts & cultural organisations to express their interest in supporting this event.
We are looking for ten organisations from a range of art forms, arts/cultural settings (including heritage, libraries and archives), and locations, to facilitate conversations and share their ideas.
If you are interested in attending, please complete the expression of interest form and return it to Laura Fuller by midday on Wednesday 8 May. Successful organisations will have their attendance confirmed on Friday 10th May.
Download AND Schools Forum Arts and Cultural EOI form (44.54 kB MSWord)