Work at A New Direction
Vacancies and other opportunities to work with us.
Evaluation of the Shared Training and Employment Programme
Deadline for expressions of interest: 27 September 2017
Call for proposals
A New Direction would like to commission an individual or team to provide an independent evaluation of The Shared Training and Employment programme (STEP) to measure the efficacy of the programme against its objectives as set out by LLDC on initiation of the programme. This invitation to tender specifies the requirements for the evaluation, including:
- The service and deliverables to be provided
- The information to be provided by tenderers
- An anticipated timetable for the work
Overview of STEP
STEP is a structured internship that places a young adult in two organisations from the Creative and cultural sector for six months, consecutively. Alongside employment, there will be a development offer including preparation for work (inductions), industry mentorship, masterclasses from industry professionals and participant-led project production.
Scope of the project
The programme will offer paid internships to 8-10 young adults employed across two organisation for 6 months. They will attend 5 – 6 masterclasses. They will have a mentor each who will be a successful professional from the creative and cultural sector.
Participants will be 18-30 and resident in either Waltham Forest, Tower Hamlets, Hackney and Newham.
Interns will be employed from early October 2017 for 12 months.
Employers include Bow Arts, Sadler’s Wells, UAL’s London College of Fashion, NTS Live, Rosetta Arts and Zan Zan eyewear.
Create Access are providing support with the Induction of programme participants and supporting with mid-point reviews.
STEP aims to enable a diverse talent pool to be supported to succeed in the creative sector. Participants will be targeted and recruited from groups who are underrepresented across the sector, who have a strong connection to the local area and/or those groups who lack the networks and resources to enable them to access creative and cultural opportunities to date.
The specific aims of the programme are:
- To equip successful participants with the skills and experience they need to compete for further employment opportunities in the cultural sector.
- To ensure cultural organisations in and around the park benefit from the talents of local people.
- To develop/test a shared model which provides participants with the chance to explore and work across a variety of different cultural organisations and departments in order to identify and confirm a specialism or area of interest and build a portfolio of work experience.
- To demonstrate a return on investment for the organisations who will commit to paying London Living Wage across 12 month period.
- To encourage long term investment in young adults.
Our aims in commissioning the evaluation are:
- To monitor and measure the outputs, outcomes and impact of STEP against its aims;
- To capture learning about best practice in terms of a shared-internship model to be shared with the broader creative and cultural sector.
- To capture both impact of the programme and process evaluation.
An evaluation framework for the programme is included as an appendix to this ITT. AND and partners will work alongside the service provider to further refine this framework and the most suitable methodologies to measure the success of the programme.
Programme activity runs from 1st October 2017 to 7th October 2018. We anticipate that this work will take 15-20 days over this period.
The final outputs of the evaluation should be a case study, a report and a presentation of key data and quotes.
How to apply
Please submit your response to this tender outlining your proposed design, implementation and methodology of an evaluation of STEP by 27th September 2017
Alongside your proposal please provide:
- A CV
- Examples of similar projects you have evaluated.
The successful supplier will be notified on Monday 2nd October
A total of £4,000 (inclusive of VAT) is available for this work.
Please email your response to Julia.email@example.com