A New Direction is excited to establish a cross-sector
creative and cultural industry (CCI) Traineeship Hub that facilitates the
delivery of high quality pre-employment trainee opportunities for London’s most
disadvantaged and vulnerable 16-19 year olds, targeting those who are, or are
at risk of becoming NEET.
By March 2015, 160 NEET young
people will have had the opportunity to complete a 12-18 week college-based
programme, supplemented by quality work-shadowing in the creative and
A New Direction is working with six further education colleges (Barking College, City of Westminster,
College, Havering College, Kensington & Chelsea College, LeSoCo and Newham
College) to enable CCI Trainees to:
- Take part in group and one-to-one mentoring support to improve their communication skills
- Achieve recognised entry-level qualifications including developing functional skills, employability and core competency skills
- Develop enterprise skills
- Take part in work shadowing
- Achieve the Arts Award Bronze
part of this programme, A New Direction is recruiting creative and cultural
sector employers that are interested and have capacity to provide 12 days of
work experience to groups of between 2 and 5 young people.
If you are interested in learning more about this offer, please read the programme summary and complete the expression of interest form by Wednesday 04 December 2013. Please return this to email@example.com with 'CEP Traineeships' in the subject header.
Key information summary:
- A New Direction is recruiting employers to deliver 12 days of work experience as part of the Creative Employment Programme Traineeship initiative.
- This programme will be delivered in 4 cohorts of 12-18 weeks from January 2014 through March 2015.
- We are keen to recruit employers for the duration of the programme and those able to offer repeat work experiences.
- Interested employers are asked to submit an expression of interest by Wednesday 04 December 2014.