Artsmark is Arts Council England's flagship programme that enables schools and other organisations to evaluate, strengthen and celebrate their arts and cultural provision.
A New Direction is proud to have recently completed some research with headteachers and teachers in our quest to learn how Artsmark is currently valued in schools around London.
Here are some of the reasons and feedback teachers gave us as to why Artsmark is very relevant for the school as a whole and the community:
- It's a nationally recognised accreditation that demonstrates high quality arts provision.
- It's a benchmark, visible to parents, other schools, arts organisations and the wider community that promotes your commitment to the value of the arts.
- Pupils feel great pride knowing that their successes and achievementsin the arts are nurtured, recognised and shared publically.
- It demonstrates that you endorse a cultural education through a broad, balanced and innovative arts-rich curriculum, whilst also celebrating good practice.
- It's an excellent way of auditing the arts provision in your school, assessing where any changes or developments need to be made.
- It bridges successful and sustainable relationships between London's creative sector and educational settings.
- It encourages a diverse range of arts opportunities within the curriculum and enhances extra-curricular provision.
- It provides useful CPD and promotes collaboration between staff whilst empowering them to develop creative teaching skills.
To find more information about the Artsmark, download our full guide in which you can also learn more about the steps to follow when applying for Artsmark. You can also find thoughts and opinions from the schools that contributed with us.
Download 8 reasons to run Artsmark in your school (260.30 kB Pdf)