Future Software Developer Now is a six-week online training programme with YSYS which will teach you what it takes to make it in a tech-career as a software developer. Take a big step in launching a future-proof career that’s in high-demand in the digital sector. We’ll connect you with industry leaders like Idean and 10X as well and employability coaches and a network of young creatives to help you in your career.
Working to a live brief from Brandwatch you’ll have real-life experience to add to your CV and portfolio for future applications. As well as this, you’ll gain soft skills like collaboration and teamwork, project management, communication skills, and interview techniques to help you land that dream job.
The course is delivered online Tuesday and Thursdays, with support sessions and learning Monday, Wednesday and Friday. This includes industry talks, development workshops, pastoral support, peer networking and self-study.
The core elements of this course will cover:
- What it's like to work as a software engineer by tackling live briefs set by our delivery partners
- Communications and collaboration
- Project management
- Agile Working and working cross-functionally
- The career pathways of a Software engineer
- Live interview practice
- How to find the right company for you
- Career action plans
As well as access to the course content, our aim is to place every person who goes through this programme into paid work or further training. You’ll also get access to:
- Free, industry standard training from top employers
- Connections to live job roles
- Weekly employment workshops to improve your applications and interviews
- Individual and group wellbeing support
- A network of young creatives
- Ongoing alumni support, access to events and networking opportunities
- A MacBook Pro and Adobe Software
This programme is now closed.