South East London Arts Award Network Cluster Meeting
South east London is home to several emerging Local Cultural Education Partnerships, established music hubs, library and youth services and more than fifty National Portfolio Organisations all seeking to develop opportunities for children and young people to participate in the arts.
This afternoon will bring together leaders in Arts Award and Local Cultural Education Partnerships (LCEPs) to strengthen links between these groups and provide a forum to explore how the impact on young people of Arts Award can contribute to the emerging and impending educational priorities as a result of Covid-19.
In the light of ACE’s recent research into LCEPs, and the current crisis, we want to:
- Actively highlight and encourage work being done by Cultural Education Partnerships
- Consider how LCEPs, schools and the cultural sector can respond collectively to emerging and impending educational priorities
- Debate how undertaking Arts Award might positively contribute to emerging educational issues
- Share practice and success stories
- Hear more about the network and influence what it does
This event is for anyone delivering, supporting or considering Arts Award and/or involved in LCEPs in Bexley, Bromley, Croydon, Greenwich, Lambeth, Lewisham or Southwark.
If you would like to share work that you have been doing using Arts Award during lockdown at the meeting, we'd love to hear from you. Get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.
The South East London Arts Award Network is supported by Lewisham Education Arts Network and Royal Borough of Greenwich and funded by A New Direction. Meetings have focused on issues as diverse as Mental Health and Well-being, Creative Careers and Special Educational Needs and bring together experts and practitioners to explore the ways in which the Arts Award can support wider goals in cultural and creative education.