Professional Development Taster Sessions - Understanding Change and Transition (26 April 2017)
A New Direction is delighted to invite cultural organisations to our new professional development taster sessions: Understanding Change and Transition.
The series is delivered in partnership with Dr. Dawn Langley of Alchemy Research and Consultancy as part of our new Small Change® programme.
We have developed Small Change® to help you take action and work together with others to support a step change in cultural education in London.
At the end of May 2017, A New Direction will invite expressions of interest from attendees from each session to participate in the full Small Change® programme which consists of telephone, face to face and group coaching over a number of weeks to develop your professional practice and embed change.
Each session will have three parts:
- Understanding change and transition – a general introduction to approaches to adapting to change
- Opportunities and challenges in your work – discussion of your aspirations and issues and how you see your work and cultural education developing
- Small Change® – a brief taster of small change around an issue or challenge you want to explore.
Areas for discussion will include:
- Positive partnerships and strategic working with Local Authorities, schools and LCEP’s
- Working meaningfully with CYP who access have barriers to cultural education
- Keeping arts and culture on the agenda with partners and funders in education.
Please feel free to bring ideas on what you would like to cover. We will have discussions about how your work is changing, consider the choices you might make and explore the impact you want to have in your work.
For further information contact Louise.firstname.lastname@example.org