Investment priorities 2017
A New Direction intends to invest an additional £200,000 to further the ambitions of the London Cultural Education Challenge between April 2017 and March 2018.
In this final year of the programme we’re interested to test how provision for young people’s cultural engagement can be embedded in a rapidly changing city. You can read more about our ‘place’ focus in a blog from our Partnerships’ Director, Holly Donagh here >
A New Direction are soliciting expressions of interest from partners across London who are connected with London’s many development sites. We expect to make no more than three new investmennts.
We’re interested in talking to partners who:
- Have an idea for embedding new provision for young people’s cultural and creative engagement locally
- Are connected with an area of new development in London
- Are committed to addressing inequality in cultural engagement by young people aged 0-25
- Are committed to supporting the Challenge programme aims and themes
- Can bring a minimum of 100% match funding against AND’s investment.
How to express an interest
If your organisation fits the above description and is interested to express interest in the Challenge, please read our guidance notes and familiarise yourself with our aims and themes; download the expression of interest form, complete and send to us on or before 31 October 2016.
- Expression of Interest Form (London Cultural Education Challenge) July 2016.docx
- Guidance Notes (London Cultural Education Challenge) July 2016 .doc
Partners working on existing programmes within the London Cultural Education Challenge are invited to submit expressions of interest to extend and develop programmes with existing Challenge investment. These expressions of interest will be considered alongside new applications received. Existing partners are asked to complete a specific expression of interest form available from AND, please get in touch for more information.
What happens next?
- All expressions of interest received by 31 October will be reviewed by our Challenge Group and Young Challenge Group in November
- The Challenge Group and Young Challenge Group will provide advice to AND based on our investment criteria
- A number of ideas will be shortlisted
- Shortlisted programmes will be contacted by 1 December 2016
- Shortlisted partners will be asked to further develop the practicalities of delivering their idea
- These more detailed documents will be reviewed by the Challenge Group and Young Challenge Group in January and investment decisions made
- Between January and March 2017, AND will negotiate project plans and grant agreements terms of investment with successful partners.
For more information please contact Corinne Bass at A New Direction