Arts Award 2017-18 Area Action Research
A New Direction is seeking expressions of interest from organisations and partnerships that are able to drive forward Arts Award engagement in London. We are looking to support four pilots, up to the value of £5,000 each that have an existing relationship with Arts Award, and would like support to scale up their offer and connect with more young people.
For the last two years, A New Direction have analysed Arts Award data in order to identify areas of low Arts Award engagement in London. In 2015-16, we set up a Local Area Development programme to support organisations and partnerships to scale up their Arts Award offer and connect with more children and young people.
2016–2017 saw a continuation of this programme so that new areas of London could contribute to this continual sharing of learning. As with the 2015-16 Local Area Development programme, in 2016-17 we sought to explore the question: what conditions and partnerships need to be in place to make Arts Award work in areas of low engagement?
An action research approach continued to be used in order to support learning and develop a deeper understanding of how schools, local authorities, cultural organisations, freelancers and informal settings can all support children and young people to achieve through Arts Award.
The full report for 2016-17 is available to read here.
A New Direction will support four pilots in London with investment of up to £5,000 to develop strategic partnerships and approaches to Arts Award that will result in an increase in the numbers of young people achieving the award, and help to understand the conditions that make Arts Award work.
The pilots will respond to at least one of AND’s identified Arts Award priorities:
- An increase in the number of moderations taking place at Bronze, Silver or Gold levels
- An increase in the number of active centres particularly in non-formal education settings outside schools (delivering year on year)
- Growth in the number of levels available and being delivered
- A focus on non-formal and youth organisations, music and arts/ cultural organisations and secondary schools delivering Arts Award.
- Activate Arts Award in at least one of the eligible boroughs (detailed in the Research Guidance below)
Area Action Research applications are now closed.
We will be sharing information about successful applicants soon - sign up to our newsletter to stay updated.