Shared Training and Employment Programme.
Looking for an entry level job in the arts or creative industries?
STEP is a twelve month paid internship where interns are paired with two fantastic east London creative organisations to gain experience in diverse areas of the industry. Successful candidates will undergo two internships, one after another with two fantastic creative organisations.
This will be paid at London living wage for 12 months, full time. (approx. £19,012.50)
You will receive training that is relevant and tailored to the ‘in demand’ skills of the creative and cultural sector
You will be paired with a mentor who is a creative professional and armed with lots of advice and support.
Organisations involved include Bow Arts, Sadler’s Wells, Rosetta Arts Centre and UAL’s London College of Fashion.
Positions will be offered in:
- Production and events
- Programming and curation
- Community and youth engagement
- Digital content production
Who is STEP for?
- Residents of these East London boroughs: Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham and Waltham Forest.
- 18-30 year olds
- Ambitious to work in the arts and creative industries.
Contracts start from October 2017
How to apply
Before you apply, please download and read the application guidance pack below.
Application deadline: 31st August 2017
- If you wish to apply in another format (for example a video application) please get in touch with us on the contact details below. We welcome applications in a range of formats, as long as all questions are thoroughly answered.
- We strongly advise you attend one of our information sessions (dates below) so that we can explain more about the programme, answer questions and advise you on your application.
- If referring from the Job centre please use code: HOX/15714 or PRO-110890.
- If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to an assessment day in early September, where you will also receive a short interview with one of our team and a representative of the host organisations.
- For more information call 020 7608 2132, or email Freya Williams or Ayumi Konno.
If you feel you need something extra for your CV in July and August there will be chances to take part in short work experience placements and a training course to help add to your application. For more information call 020 7608 2132, or email Freya Williams or Ayumi Konno and quote ‘summer work experience’