A New Direction is seeking applications from individuals working within cultural sector organisations who lead on delivering cultural development opportunities for children and young people to take part in a new Action Learning set.
This programme for up to 8 professionals will run over 6 days between Oct 2013 and May 2014. The first session will be on October 22nd.
If you are interested in taking part please read the programme outline and complete the expression of interest form by midday Sept 30th.
29 Arts and cultural organisations took part in the current programme which stimulated collaborative learning, peer networking, exchange of best practice and new ways of working.
The cross sector grouping within the action learning sets was a particular factor in the success of the programme with organisations from circus/ archive/ film/ literature/ theatre/ combined arts/ visual arts/ heritage/ library/ music/ museums taking part.
It led to an environment conducive to learning, collaboration and progression. For the participants, their organisations and the sector it has created;
- New ways of thinking; freedom from the usual structures.
- Insights into the commonalities and differences of the different art/cultural sectors, at a time when they are most needed. In the words of one participant, the work was “intimate yet relevant to the whole sector.”
- Self-sustaining cross sector cultural education networks.
- Leadership progression for cultural education professionals.
- Actions that address the challenges of current cultural education challenges in London with a united voice.