The agency-led learning programme that launches diverse talent into digital careers.
London’s leading creative digital agencies have come together to co-create a world-class Product Design immersive learning programme that will enable businesses to access a wider pool of talent and enable young east Londoners to be better prepared for jobs in fast moving modern businesses.
The tech sector in London admits it is difficult to find enough people with the right skills. Post-Brexit is has become even more important to train local talent in the skills the UK’s growing tech sector requires. East London has the perfect combination of young creative people, a highly successful cluster of creative digital agencies and a regeneration partner whose aim it is to connect local people to career opportunities coming forward on Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and the wider area.
Flipside is a training programme that will give young people a broad view of what digital product design is all about through immersion and real life delivery. A 'learning by doing' programme Flipside combines hands-on industry experience with foundational classroom learning. Covering skills such as; customer research, prototyping, teamwork and cross-disciplinary collaboration, participants will get their hands dirty with the process of product development, taking theory and applying it to real projects, teaching young East Londoners how to design and develop the digital products of the future.
- Ustwo is a digital product studio in the heart of London’s tech community. They led the charge for London's leading product design agencies to come together to co-create Flipside and launch diverse talent into digital careers.
- Collaborating agencies include: ustwo, Made by Many, Beyond, Sennep, Siberia and Reading Room.
- Ada, the National College for Digital Skills will develop the content for the training programme
- A New Direction will play a key role in ensuring that local and diverse young Londoners are recruited and supported into paid roles
- The London Legacy Development Corporation is supporting the collaboration to align to the Mayor’s Digital Talent Programme and develop a pipeline of diverse talent into jobs within East London and targeted Tech hubs like Here East - former Olympic Media and Broadcast Centre now housing emerging breed of innovators and digital makers.
Over the summer months the partnership is committed to building the flipside programme that will go live for young East Londoners in Autumn 2017. If you are an employer wanting to join the group or a young person who wants to find out more...
The programme was created in collaboration with: