FOR SCHOOLS - The Creative Childhood Conference
Schools & Culture Working Together
The Creative Childhood Conference: Schools and culture working together
Join A New Direction at the British Library for a day of creativity and collaboration.
Date: Thursday 06 October 2016
Time: 9.30am – 4.00pm
Venue: The British Library
London Teachers book here now >
Unlocking the potential of all young people to be creative is crucial to the future of London. Crucial for the happiness of our young people, for the cohesion of our society and to our shared prosperity.
We can have a city where all children, young people and families benefit from the wealth culture in London but this is not that case at the moment. For things to change, we need to find better ways of sharing what we know, collaborating effectively and being prepared to work harder to tackle persistent challenges.
This conference will be a chance for London schools and cultural organisations to come together and explore creative ways of connecting and spreading the benefits of what we do. It will be practical, fun, and – as it is National Poetry Day – full of poetry.
There will be speakers, discussion, and workshops. Over the break and lunchtime our Artsmark team will be on hand to offer their support to schools and organisations engaging with the Award.
Throughout the day you will hear from:
- Our compere, poet Paul Lyalls
- Chief Executive of A New Direction, Steve Moffitt
- AND teacher Advocates
- London’s Young Poet Laureate (outgoing), Selina Nwulu
- Director of Foundation for Future London, Andrea Stark
- Author, illustrator and poet, Laura Dockrill
- The Barbican’s Shoubhik Bandopadhyay and Victoria Patrick
- English teacher and author, Dominic Salles
- The ICA’s Carey Robinson
- The Mighty Creatives' Becky Rose
- Fundraising for creativity
- Working in partnership
- Pupil Premium for arts and culture
- Young people defining cultural learning
London Teachers - book here now >