Arts, Culture & Creativity in the Early Years
Advocacy materials, evidence & research.
As part of a broader piece of A New Direction research on Early Years, arts, culture and creativity in London, we commissioned the creative teaching and training network Earlyarts to produce a summary of high-quality resources available to support the cultural education workforce with advocating for the importance of their work with early years.
The resources were selected based on a range of criteria, including:
- Advocacy underpinned by early childhood research, and specific to the early learning domain (older age-group arts education advocacy resources are shown separately).
- Reflects established theories of early childhood development, early brain development, appropriate practice, and appropriate learning environments.
- Balance of practical as well as theoretical to ensure broad as well as deep understanding.
- Selection of best practice approaches from the international community.
- Applicable across different art forms or cultural practices.